basic memoir writing:
ALL THE LECTURES, VIDEOS AND ASSIGNMENTS from wendy's EIGHT-week course
This is a self-guided course that includes eight weeks of lectures, videos and assignments. If you're self-directed, this couse will teach you all the basics of writing and structuring your memoir.
- Create global structure for your memoir, using an external search that evolves along the way.
- Structure your chapters using either causality or a premise to connect your events and create plot.
- Learn the tricks of creating suspense in your chapter.
- Create compelling characters by disregarding conventional advice to make them three-dimensional.
- Craft compelling prose by being completely subjective.
- Avoid self-pity or villianizing your characters by putting us inside your head.
advanced MEMOIR WRITING:
ALL THE LECTURES, VIDEOS AND ASSIGNMENTS FROM WENDY'S eight-WEEK COURSE
- Avoid the “This happened, then this” problem in your chapters.
- Create chapter structure by making or point or using a thread.
- Create effective transitions to stitch your scenes together.
- Make dialogue better by fixing your attributions.
- Understand the difference between an external and an internal search and why this is so important to creating global structure
- Create an ending to your book that follows the rules of structure but that isn't predictable.
The cost of the advanced self-directed class is $80. Write to Wendy at email@example.com for more information or to sign up.