You'll get ten lectures and ten videos which will give you the information necessary to write your memoir and complete your proposal. The only way this differs from Wendy's regular class (which costs $575) is that you don't get weekly personalized feedback. That's why it's self-guided.
- Sell your memoir based solely on a proposal. (Do not believe the people who tell you to write the entire book beforehand. Agents and editors strongly prefer a proposal over the entire manuscript.)
- Avoid the "This happened, then this" problem. Instead, connect your events to create plot.
- Create global structure for your memoir, using an external search that evolves along the way.
- Structure your chapters using either a narrative want or a premise.
- Create compelling characters by disregarding conventional advice to make them three-dimensional.
- Craft compelling prose by being completely subjective.
- Avoid self-pity or villianizing your characters by putting us inside your head.
- Learn how to title your book. What works for novels will not work for memoir.
- Write compelling query letters by reading examples of letters that have worked in the past.
Eight lectures and seven videos from Wendy's advanced memoir-writing class. This special add-on is only available if you purchase the basic class first. So you get a total of 18 lectures and 17 videos for a total price of $58.